The U2 Revision Hip Stem™ is available in 180 mm straight and 230 mm bowed options, with a flexible choice of collared and collarless geometries. This gives surgeons a range of intraoperative fitting options to achieve optimal femoral implant fit. Other notable design features include:
- Main Features
- 180mm shorter straight stem design — reduces the risk of complication at the stem tip1
- Proximal tri-wedge taper design — for excellent rotational stability and reduced
potential for implant subsidence.
- Cylindrical distal stem with polished tip — to optimize loading characteristics and decrease potential for distal-tip related thigh pain.
- Extensive Ti plasma spray coating — enhances both proximal and distal biological fixation.
- Ti-6Al-4V alloy — provides exceptional elasticity to minimize stress shielding and thigh pain.
- 12/14 Morse taper
|S: 13, 15, 17, 19
C: 13, 15, 17, 19
|10.5, 12, 13.5, 15, 16.5, 18, 19.5
||S: 165, 203
||U2 Revision Hip Stem™
|11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.5, 18
Thoughtful, surgeon-friendly design saves operation time under anesthesia by making instrument identification and access quick and easy. Trial reduction features are designed to protect the canal and secure proper fixation, through a 0.5 mm size differential between implant and broach, and a 0.7 mm size differential between implant and trial.
Designed for cemented use, the U2 Revision Hip Stemâ„¢ is indicated for use in revision of previous unsuccessful total hip replacement.